SUNY Buffalo Program
Master's and Leadership Programs
The Office of the Deputy Head works to provide a quality graduate level education available to our present and future staff, as well as a unique opportunity for all teachers working in the Dominican Republic to have access, via CMS, to a state of the art Master’s Level Degree program. Additionally, we offer other advanced leadership degrees that may quality staff for administrative certifications and leadership positions.
In an effort to build a new cohort of students for the Buffalo State Master Program that has been successful for recent graduates, we have reorganized course offerings allowing for the launch of a new leadership certificate program. This program creates a brand new group of emerging educational leaders in the Dominican Republic and at CMS. See attached brochure. Below are descriptions of 5 courses we offered this year at CMS.
Earn a Master’s Degree!
SUNY Buffalo Courses being offered at CMS for the Buffalo State Masters Program:
- MA Degree (30 semester hours) is available in “Multidisciplinary Studies”.
- Up to 4 courses can be used as electives which allows for maximum individual specialization.
- Transfer a maximum of 15 graduate level credit hours from other accredited institutions.
- Classes are designed to be project based and differentiated instruction is used to make the learning applicable to a variety of learner needs and teaching settings.
- Courses can be designed to take advantage of non-campus professor, with time to practice new skills within the classroom setting and follow-up with online support. Video Conferencing and on-line courses are also available.
- Up to 6 of the required 30 graduate credit hours can be earned through conferences, and/or workshop courses.
- 15 credit Education Leadership Certificate available.
- Courses offered through the Principal’s Training Center (PTC) and the teachers Training Center (TTC) can also be used as part of approved course offerings.
- The program is supervised by Buffalo State and program counseling is available.
- CMS staff that earns 30 credits beyond a Master’s Degree receives an annual bonus.
This is a fantastic opportunity and one that would cost more than double in the states! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to sign up.