After School Activities
Classes for Spring 2017 are taking place on the following dates:
- From January 10th to June 9th: Soccer by ARMID/Fundación Real Madrid
- From January 31st to May 24th: All other ASA Classes (Class Period: 16 Weeks)
We are looking forward to seeing new faces and to keep providing the best recreational and learning experience for our students.
Please be advised in advance that there will be no activities held on Early Dismissal Days or School Holidays. See School Calendar.
For security reasons and to ensure the smooth running of our program, we strongly advise parents of registered ASA students to familiarize themselves with the ASA Procedures as this will give important information regarding the dispatching of your children at the end of school activities.
- Soccer by ARMID/Fundación Real Madrid
- Danza Española, Jazz Dance, Creative Movement and Ballet by Ballet Concierto (Students enrolled will take part on the academy's final presentations at Casa San Pablo)
- Artcycling by Me! by Leticia Massas
- Digital Innovations by iKids Future
- ES/MS Basketball by Vinicio Muñoz (ES students enrolled, will participate at the ACCAS Mixed 2nd-5th Mini Basketball at CMS on March 2017)
- ES/MS Taekwondo by Centro Académico de Taekwondo
- ES/MS Yoga by Yoga Plus
ES WELCOME PACKAGE
From January 17th to the 20th
During lunch time in the Cafeteria area, students will have the chance to obtain information about the offered classes.
Open Class Dates:
These free classes will be imparted before ASA starts during the same ASA schedule and designated space for students to try them. Students must check in at the Cafeteria at 2:15pm.
- January 18th: Creative Movement & Ballet
- January 19th: Jazz Dance & Danza Española (Flamenco)
Stay tuned for more Open Class dates!
ES students enrolled in this class will participate at the ACCAS Mixed 2nd-5th Mini Basketball Tournament at CMS on March 2017!
"Giacomo had told me on the phone how much he now enjoyed the basketball class and the new coach, but I was astonished at the progress that he and the other students have made in a few short months! They do drills for the first 1/2 to 3/4 of the session, and then scrimmage for the remainder of the time. They are disciplined, hardworking and confident, obviously love what they are doing, and now have a solid foundation on which to build their skills. This is entirely due to the new coach, who as I understand it is a legend in Dominican basketball. In my opinion, he is also a first-rate teacher and role model for kids learning the sport.
In short, I am so, so pleased with my son's progress and the way the basketball classes are now being conducted. So although our family will be moving this summer, I hope that CMS will do what it can to ensure that the new coach remains, and hopefully, the administration will help promote the classes more so that more students may have the opportunity to learn through this man."
~Ben Garrett (Former CMS Parent about Coach Vinicio Muñoz)
If you have any questions about our program, please feel free to stop by our ASA office at the Welcome Center.
Please feel free to share your ideas if you know of a group of people interested in offering a new activity. We are open to your suggestions.
We thank you for your continued support.