The Maintenance office manages the day-to-day operations of the school’s physical plant, grounds and housing facilities for foreign hired staff. Our goal is to serve and support the great CMS community, making sure that buildings and their services meet the needs of the students, teachers and staff, as well as maintaining the school facilities and staff apartments clean and in good condition.
The campus of Carol Morgan School is located on a 15 acres (66,000 m²) site in Mirador Sur, a residential sector of Santo Domingo. The site is bounded on the north by Avenida Sarasota and on the east by Avenida Núñez de Cáceres. To the south and west the campus is bordered by residential neighborhoods.
The campus has 90 classrooms, 13 Multi Use learning spaces, 3 Makerspaces, 7 Tech labs, 5 Art spaces, 9 Music rooms spread out in 9 buildings. The field is comprised of a size 11 professional soccer turf field, and a 9,000 m² multisport grass field along with play areas for children of all ages.
In addition to the Athletic fields, the school has a new multipurpose facility called the Shark Center, with 1,400 square meters of professional FIBA certified hardwood floors, double court system for simultaneous games with retractable basketball backstops and electronic scoreboard systems. The court are can seat 1,800 attendees for performances in the 350 square meter stage area, equipped with professional LED theater lighting and sound systems.
There are two parking lots with over 200 parking spaces for parents, students and visitors. Others include: 3 emergency generators, a water treatment system, fire alarm with wireless smoke detectors in every room and a PA system to communicate with the entire campus.
- Daily classrooms and grounds cleaning and housekeeping
- Maintenance and repair services for buildings, grounds, light and heavy machinery, school vehicles and rented apartments for overseas faculty
- Supervision of subcontracted services such as garbage disposal, fumigation and pest control, masonry works, iron works
- Operation and maintenance of the school’s electrical distribution system, emergency generators, air conditioning units, lighting systems and water treatment system
- Support and assistance in the setup of extracurricular activities, special gatherings and fund-raising events sponsored by CMS
- Planning and development of long-term facilities expansion plans
- Supervision and management of the school’s emergency system (fire alarm and public address systems)